Frome (Old Ford Golf Club), Somerset.
Frome Golf Club was founded in 1895 when the professional was W Hazelhurst.
In 1906 the secretary at Frome Golf Club was Arthur C Polehampton, Vallis Cottage, Frome. The professional from 1903 to 1907 was G E Lane and from 1907 to 1909 B Jeffery. A 9 hole course situated on the Vallis Leaze on the outskirts of the town. Course records were, amateur A C Polehampton 41, professional Alex Marr 35. Visitors’ fees on introduction 1/- a day, 3/6 a week, 10/6 a month. The station at Frome was 1 mile away. Also in 1906 was Frome Ladies Golf Club.
It became Old Ford Golf Club in 1911.
In 1913 the secretary at Old Ford Golf Club was Dr Dupont, Bridge House. The professional was C Bush. A 9 hole course. There was no entry fee. Subs were £2/2/0. Visitors’ fees were 1/6 a day.
Frome/Old Ford Golf Club closed at the onset of WW1.