Bangor Golf Club, County Down.
The club was founded in 1903 with a membership of over 300; the original 9 hole course opened on 13 June 1903 it was extended to 18 holes in 1904 when a new clubhouse was opened. Mr F C Doran was one of the founder members of the club and he was also the first secretary. The first captain was Mr T C Connel. A ladies’ club was also formed in 1903, Miss H E McGuire was the inaugural captain.
In 1933 the club moved across the lane (Broadway) to its present location, the new course having been laid out by James Braid.