Clober Golf Club, Clober Road, Milngavie, Glasgow.

First appearing in the mid 1920s, Clober was an 18 hole course with a SSS of 67. Initially the membership stood at 80, rising to 110 following WW2. The station at Milngavie was ¼ mile away with a bus service to the course.

  Secretary Professional/greenkeeper
1928 J McKechnie, "Tambowie" Milngavie A Hall (g)
1930 J McKechnie junior, Craigton Dairy, Milngavie A Hall (g)
1935 J M Gardner, "Dunvegan Cottage" Main Street H Dewar (g)
1940/47 J D Murphy, Barloch Terrace H Dewar (p/g)

In 1928 visitors’ fees were 9d a round and 1/6d a day. Sunday play not allowed at this time.

In 1930 the amateur course record held by W Ure, 65. Sunday play allowed now permitted.

Result of the 1935 March monthly medal; J M Gardner, 72-3-69; A M Douglas, 73-3-70; Wilson Rankin, 73 scratch; A Ellams, 89-14-75.

Result of the 1935 April medal; D Hamilton, 75-7-68; R McBride, 80-12-68; W Rankin, 69 scratch; T Caldwell, 69net; T Maiden, 77-8-69; Douglas Beveridge, 77-8-69; J M Gardner, 70net; D Craig, 86-16-70; W Lyle jnr, 73-2-71; J Frame, 92-20-72; D Young, 83-10-73; J Donaldson, 87-14-73; W Bissell, 97-24-73; J Dougan, 81-5-76; A Lyle, 88-10-78; N Callander, 95-16-79; R Fleming, 89-10-79.  

In 1935 the amateur course record was now held by W Rankin, junior, 65.

Prior to and just after WW2, course records were: (a) W B Lyle, 64; (p) W Hagen, 66. Visitors’ fees were 9d a round (1940) and 1/- a round (1947) and 1/6d a day.

The current club was founded in 1951/2.