Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas



Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Caledonian Golf Club, Alexandra Park, Glasgow. (1894 - 1920s)

Founded in 1894.

This club played over the Alexandra Park course.

Below is the result of a match against the now defunct Bridge of Weir Golf Club played in August 1903.

 

Caledonian Golf Club, Blackhill, Glasgow. Result of a match played in August 1903.

From the Paisley & Renfrewshire Gazette Saturday 5th September 1903. Image © THE BRITISH LIBRARY BOARD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

In 1914 the secretary was Chas S Macintyre, 76 Appin Road, Dennistoun, Glasgow, and the professional T Allan. An 18-hole course that was the property of Glasgow Corporation. The course at Blackhill was first class, the principal hazards being numerous stone dykes. The longest hole was about 440 yards and the shortest 113 yards. The entry fee was 2/6d and subs 4/-. There was a membership of 100. Visitors’ fees were 3d a round, 7/6d for a yearly ticket. Sunday play was not allowed. Nearest railway station was Alexandra Park.

Caledonian Golf Club continued for a few years following WW1.

In 1927 the professional was J L Stewart.