Drumchapel Golf Club, Lanarkshire.
The professional from 1906 to 1911 was William Duncan.
In June 1909 Harry Vardon and J H Taylor took part in a 36 hole exhibition match on the Drumchapel course.
Result of the monthly medal played in February 1910; scratch - H McCreadie, 89; John Paterson, 91; first class – John Paterson (9), 82; second class – W F Smith (11) and J Johnston (17) tied on 84.
Result of a bogey competition played in August 1912; first class – H Ferguson (scratch), all square; H McCreadie (4), all square; J Macaulay (1), 2down; O A Chisolm (1), 2down; J Reid jun (2) 2down; second class – A O Drysdale (10) 3up; A McNab (9), 3 down. Ladies section; Mrs Prince (34), 87; Miss E M Brown (36), 87.
Results from the spring meeting held in May 1913; First Class, captain’s prize – A Mitchell, 76 scratch; W M Gray, 88-10-78; W M Moore, 92-12-80; A McNab, 90-9-81; O A Chisolm, 84-2-82; G T Hay, 85-3-82; J Reid jnr, 85-3-82; J T Whitman, 88-6-82; John Macaulay, 95-12-83; W Kerr, 91-8-83; Second Class, vice captain’s prize – W H McFarlane, 91-21-70; J B Eadie, 93-16-77; A Anderson, 93-13-80; J Addison, 98-17-81; E McIntyre, 98-17-81; A McKenzie, 94-13-81.
In 1914 the secretary was David Crawford, 213 West George Street, Glasgow and the professional H Ogg (1911 - 1917). Drumchapel was an 18 hole course with a membership of 600. The greens were good and well guarded by a burn, hedges and ditches. Further improvements were made during 1914. The amateur course record holder was G Lockhart with a score of 71. Entry fees were £1/1/0 and subs £1/10/0. Visitors’ fees were 1/- a day, 4/- a week and 12/- a month. Sunday play was not allowed. Ladies were allowed to play Monday all day, all other days till 5pm, except Saturday, when they were permitted to play only between 12 and 6pm. The station was 4 minutes away.
The course was turned over for food production in March 1917 and the club house was converted into two semi-detached villas in Garscadden Road.