Biggar Golf Club, South Lanarkshire.
The club was founded in 1895.
The first nine-hole course was laid out at Langlees.
The club continued at Langlees until the early 1900s.
The second nine-hole course was laid out at Heavyside in 1901. It was opened by Old Tom Morris in April 1901 although he had no input in the laying out of the course. The club continued at the Heavyside course until 1907.
Result of the November 1892 monthly medal; Scratch Medal - A Selkirk, 195; Handicap Medal - John N Lindsay, 110-20-90.
Result of the August 1900 monthly competition; Scratch Medal - T B Murray, 98; Andrew Selkirk, 101; Handicap Medal - Andrew Affleck, 107-21-86; T B Murray, 98-1-97.
Result of the November 1902 medal; Scratch - A Selkirk, 105; Handicap - John N Lindsay, 110-20-90.
The following is from the 1905 Nisbet's Golf Yearbook; Membership of 95; Hon. secretary - J Boa; Captain - J Brunton, Blowhill, Biggar; Entrance fee 3s and subs 7s/6d; nine-holes; Amateur record - J Brunton, 38 single round, and 84 double round; Visitors' fees, 1s a day, 2s/6d a week and 5s a month. "The course is situated about a mile out of town on the estate of Heavyside. There is a splendid pavilion with accommodation for both ladies and gentlemen, with every convenience. The course is well kept, and is always in good condition, and has a number of natural hazards."
The club moved to its current location in 1907.
The upper Google Map pinpoints the location of the first Biggar course at Langlees.
The lower map shows the location of the second course at Heavyside.