Bridge of Weir Thistle Golf Club.
The club was founded in 1899 by a group of businessmen; one of them was Arthur Muirhead of Clydesdale Leather Works. A 9 hole course with holes varying in length from 170 to 360 yards. In the early 1900s the entrance fee was 21/- and subs 15/- The course was about half a mile from the railway station.
Following WW2 a lease was taken out on the land for a further ten years. As the lease was approaching renewal the farmer at Auchensale informed the club that he intended to terminate the lease and revert the course to farmland. The club closed in 1958. The Thistle club had always had a close association with the Lochwinnoch Golf Club, they played inter club matches and many of the members worked together at the local manufacturing companies. Over twenty of the Thistle members took the opportunity to join Lochwinnoch when membership was offered from their friendly neighbours. One of the first to take this opportunity was George Payne, he played an important part in the progression of the Lochwinnoch club in the 1960s, he became secretary at Lochwinnoch from 1964 to 1966.