Bridge of Weir Golf Club, Renfrewshire.
In 1906 the secretary was Edward S Fox, Barngill, Bridge-of-Weir. A 9 hole course, the course records were: (a) 34; (p) 37.
In 1914 the secretary was J Tod junior, Lade Bank Terrace, Bridge-of-Weir. A 9 hole sporting course with holes varying from 180 to 400 yards. There was no entry fee, subs were 10/- Visitors’ fees were 5/- a month. The station was only 10 minutes away.
Also listed in 1914 was the Bridge-of-Weir and Ranfurly Ladies’ Golf Club which was founded in 1896. Secretary Miss Dunn, Redclyffe, Bridge-of-Weir. 9 Holes with a membership of 270. Entry fees were £1/1/0 and subs 10/6d. Visitors’ fees were 1/- a day, 3/- a week, 7/6d a month, no Sunday play.
Bridge-of-Weir Golf Club disappeared after WW1.
The postcard above showing the Bridge of Weir “Golf Courses” was posted on 24th August 1913. There were actually four courses at Bridge of Weir at this time; Bridge of Weir & Ranfuly Ladies (information above). Bridge of Weir Thistle Golf Club (see separate entry). Ranfurly Castle was formed in 1899 it moved to its current location in 1903, Ranfurly Castle Ladies Club was formed in 1924 and amalgamated with the main club around the time of WW2. Old Ranfurly Golf Club was founded in 1905 and plays on the site vacated by Ranfurly Castle in 1903.