Bonnyton Moor Golf Club, Eaglesham.
The club started in about 1922.
The club was instituted in June 1923 with an exhibition match between George Duncan, Abe Mitchell, J H Kirkwood and Walter Hagan.
The leading lights were a family of publicans from Glasgow named Lindsay. A Dormie House type clubhouse was built that provided accommodation for golfers.
The secretary in the 1920s was J Gordon, club telephone 17. The professional was A M Wheateley, who remained at the club until at least 1933, and the green-keeper W Jamieson. An 18-Hole course situated 800ft above sea level on Ballagioch hill. Course records were, amateur J Semple 73 and professional R Turner 72. Visitors fees were 2/6 a day, 4/- a day at weekend. The station at Clarkston (Busby) was 5 miles away and there a regular bus service available to Eaglesham. Local hotel was Bains.
During 1922/23 Dr Alister MacKenzie advised on work carried out on the course.
In 1940 the secretary was A Ward Garedener, 24 Queen Street, Glasgow, telephone Central Glasgow 2592. The green-keeper was J Carruthers. There was a membership of 300. The course records were, amateur A W Whyte 73, professional M Seymour 69.
From 1947 to the clubs closure in the mid 1950s the secretary was D C C Macfarlane, 22 Hamilton Drive, Cambuslang, telephone Cambuslang 427. The green-keeper was J Jamieson. The 18-hole course had a SSS and Par of 75. Course records were, amateur A Pinkerton 71, professional M Seymour 69. Buses from Glasgow to Eaglesham ran every 20 minutes with a fare of 1/- return.
Current Bonnyton Golf Club was Founded in 1957 at the same location.