Callander Golf Club, Stirling.
A meeting was held in Callander Public Hall in September 1889 to discuss the viability of a golf course for the town. The meeting attended by like minded golf enthusiasts decided to form a club at Callander. The location was to be at the Muir of Gart about a mile to the south east of town. Old Tom Morris was called upon to supervise with the layout of the course. The course was formally opened in June 1890, with Old Tom in attendance.
Although the members were happy with the course it was quite remote and the club decided to move to their current location in about 1893. Tom Morris again supervised with the layout of the new course.
The Google Map below shows the location of the former course. Grid reference NN64680,05340, co-ordinates, 264680,705340.