Dunblane Municipal Golf Club, Stirlingshire.
There is a listing for Dunblane Municipal Golf Club in the early 1920s. The professional at this club from 1920 to 1924 was J Hills.
The club was playing over the former Hydropathic course; following WW1 the management of the hotel stated that they were no longer willing to lease or maintain the course and it was taken over by the Town Council. Unfortunately the course was in a sad state and the finances continued to suffer so much that it was possible that an alternative site would have to be found.
In 1923 the council considered the question of continuing with golf at Laighills in view of the construction of the new 18-hole course in Cow Park. It was decided that play should continue for at least another year. Because of the risk of accidents to the public, the golf committee were to consider whether the first, second and ninth holes could be reconstructed.
It was reported in the Dundee Courier in March 1927 that the Dunblane course had become very popular since it opened five years ago. During the past winter several of the tees had been extended and the greens specially treated. The fairways were in excellent order, although still a trifle soft in places. A proposal had been made to reduce the entrance fee with the object of attracting new members. A new motor-driven cutting machine was undergoing trials on the course. The Stroyan Cup competition of the Perthshire Golfing Association was to be played over the course on Saturday 30th April.
The current New Dunblane Golf Club came in to being in 1924.