Crianlarich Hotel Golf Course, Stirling.
In 1910 the energetic proprietor of the hotel, Joseph Stewart, offered his guests many attractions, salmon and trout fishing, “The Scottish Mountaineering Centre” it was also the headquarters of the Automobile Club. Also included was a nine-hole golf course laid out by Willie Fernie of Troon. A daunting start to the round – the first tee shot was over the River Fillan, a cable ferry was provided to carry the golfers over the other side of the river to complete the hole.
The Google Map below shows the area around the Crianlarich Hotel and the possible location of the course.
View United Kingdom in a larger map