Longside Golf Club, Aberdeenshire.
It was reported in April 1906 that Longside was to add to its attractions with the addition of a nine-hole golf course. The officers at the club were; Dr Bruce, president; Dr Wood, captain; J M Whyte, secretary; George Smith, treasurer. Several sites were inspected for suitability and negtiations were finally entered into with Sir George Macpherson Grant, Bart. of Ballindalloch, who was the proprietor of land on the estate of Faichfield, for the lease of two field for ten years.
There was a large attendance for the opening of the course which took place on Saturday 7th April 1906. Dr Wood the captain, invited Mr Burnett-Stuart to perform the opening ceremony. The first tee was situated near the entance gate to the course at the Mill of Faichfield with the green at the corner of the field next Faichfield House.
The club reappeared in the early 1920s.
In 1923 it was listed as being a 9-hole course with a membership of 100.
From 1925 to its closure in the late 1920s, the secretary was J M Birnie, Bank House, Longside and the greenkeeper A Wellington. Membership was 60. Visitors’ fees were 4/- a week, 7/6d a fortnight and 10/- a month. Sunday play was not allowed. The station at Longside was 1 ½ miles away. Local hotel was the Bruce Arms.
The current Longside Club opened in 1979.