Kirriemuir Golf Club, Forfar, Angus.
Founded 1884, the original course was locted near the Hill of Kirriemuir. The current club moved to its present location in 1908.
Professional’s at the earlier course were; John Wallace, 1890 - 94; P Graham, 1894/5; W Henry, 1896 – 1906.
In 1893 Mr Hugh Black of Roots St, won the golf cup presented by Mr John Ogilvy of Lisden.
Result of a match played against Downfield on the Kirremuir Hill course in July 1899.
|D Burnett & A Sutherland||2||Rev D Lockhead & J Tarbet||0|
|H Black & A Black||0||J Melville & M Holder||4|
|W H Cromarty & W Wilson||6||W Laing & J Laing||0|
|E Legge & T Birrell||10||C C Laing & G J Tarbat||0|
|P Graham & J P Milne||0||J Anderson & W Fekford||0|
|J Herald & A Low||0||A Taylor & W Smith||1|
|H E Peacock & J Scott||4||J Mollison & W Sellars||0|
In July 1906 the competition for the monthly handicap medal, Doig Badge, and final round for a golf club took place on the Kirrie course. The Doig Badge and monthly medal were won by D McNicoll with the excellent score of 72. The club was won by A Grieve with 75 and 78=153, other scores were, C J M Wilkie, 75 and 80=155, E Strachan, 75 and 80=155.