Dunning Golf Club, Perth & Kinross.
Founded 1906, the original nine hole course was located to the south east of Dunning at the Mains of Pitcairns. It moved to the current location in 1946.
Below is the result of a match against Perth Railwaymen played in April 1927.
|G Orr & J Bett||0||W Carrie & T Ramsay||1|
|J Whytock & J Craig||1||R A Stewart & D Kerr||0|
|James Dunn & W Gardiner||1||J Doig & J Knight||0|
|R Gardiner & W Orr||1||A Menzies & W Martin||0|
|W Walker & Jack Dunn||1||D Bannerman & E Lang||0|
|R Mailer & D Hepburn||1||R Stewart & J Hunter||0|
|L Angus||1||J Martin||0|
The ties for the Championship of Dunning Golf Club and the Alexander Cup were played off in July 1928, the semi-finsl results as follows; George Orr beat J Whytock and L Whytock beat H Duncan.
The annual general meeting was held in March 1929 the captain, L Angus, presided. Satisfactory reports were presented by the secretary and treasurer, W Kerr, showing that the club was prospering. The following office bearers were elected; President, Lord Rollo; Vice Presidents – Lady Wilson, Mrs McArly, Hon. Constance Rollo, J M Fraser, D Alexander, W Kerr; Captain, George Orr; Secretary, James McGhee; Treasurer, Norman Wright; Committee – L Angus, R Dougall, J Whytock, G Walker, D Hepburn, Mrs Wright, Miss McLagan, Miss Ogilvie and Miss E Philip. The course had improved during the winter months with the greens being sanded and dressed, Mr J Golder, Newton of Pitcairns, was re-appointed as greenkeeper. Thanks were passed to Mr W Kerr for his services as secretary and treasurer for many years. Mr Kerr, who was headmaster at the public school, would be leaving the district in the near future.
In September 1929 the competition for the Lady Wilson Cup was completed and resulted in a win for Miss A Philp over Isa Orr.
Result of a one club competition played in August 1934 for a prize given by the captain, Mr George Orr; the winner was Mr J D McGhie with a scratch score of 75. There was also a stroke competition with a prize given by the secretary, Mr J D McGhie. The winner was Mr W McLellan with a score of 82-10-72, his round included a hole in one at the sixth. The August monthly medal was won by James Hepburn, 72-3-69.
A “novelty” competition was held on Saturday 26th September 1936, the prize was given by Mr I Robertson. The winner was Mr J Whytock, Mr J D McGhie was runner-up.
Grid reference for the former course NO03110,13140, co-ordinates 303110,713140.
The Google Map below pinpoints Mains of Pitcairns, location of the former course.