Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas



Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Dunoon Municipal Golf Club, Ardenslate, Argyll & Bute.

The municipal golf course came into existence when the Town Council bought some land originally belonging to Ardenslate Farm in 1919. This purchase included Cowal Golf Course and the newly constructed 18 hole municipal course and club house. The greenkeeper was A Waddell. Visitors’ fees were 1/- a round, 1/6 a day, 7/6 a week, 10/- a fortnight, 15/- a month and 20/- per annum, reduced fees for ladies and juniors. Sunday play was not allowed.

Result of the Club Champiuonship played in July 1938; J P Mitchell and Jobe Wright tied on 150, A P Sinclair was next with 151.

In the final of the Lang Trophy, played in August 1938, J Wright (3) beat D Downie (14) by 1up. 

It was reported in January 1939 that Dunnon Town Council had decided to reduce the course to nine holes. The other part of the course would be used for the increased demand for housing.

The Google Map below is pinpointed on Ardenslate Farm. The Cowal course can be seen to the east.