Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas



Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Strachur (Stronecrivich) Golf Club, Strachur, Argyll & Bute.

First appeared in the early 1920s as Stronecrivich Golf Club.

In 1923 the secretary was W J McKellar. The Lodge, Strachur. A 9 hole course with a membership of 20. Visitors’ fees were 7/6d a month. The pier at Strachur was 15 minutes away.

In the mid 1920s the secretary was J N Miller, Rosehill, Strachur and the greenkeeper J McDougall. Club membership was 34. Local hotel was Greggan’s.

Stronecrivich Golf Club disappeared in the late 1920s and Strachur appears. It is assumed that the club changed name as the location appears to be the same.

Strachur first appeared in the late 1920s and continued until the end of WW2. The secretary throughout was J N Miller, Rosehill, Strachur and the greenkeeper F Godden. A 9 hole course with a membership of about 35. Visitors’ fees were 12/6d a month. Sunday play was not allowed. The pier at Strachur was 15 minutes away. Local hotel was Creggan’s.