Carrbridge Golf Club, Highland.
There is evidence that the club could have appeared as early as the 1880s. In 1906 it was listed as a private course of 9 holes belonging to the Carrbridge Hotel. The course was open to visitors. The station at Carrbridge was ½ mile away.
In 1924, the secretary at Carrbridge Golf Club, Inverness-shire was D Ross, Mafeking, Carrbridge. The 9 hole course had a membership of 60. Visitors’ fees were £1 a season. Sunday play was not allowed.
In 1940 and 1947 visitors paid £1/5/0 a season. The rest of the information is as 1924.
Throughout the 1950s the secretary was M Hay, Craigellachie, Carrbridge, telephone 207. Fees for the season were £2/2/0. Sunday play was still not allowed.
The current Carrbridge Club was founded in 1980 and is in more or less the same location as the old club.