Craigmillar Golf Club, City of Edinburgh.
Founded 1895, it moved to its present location in 1907.
It was reported in The Scotsman in January 1895 “New nine hole course on the south side of Edinburgh. The course was expected to be ready to play in February. Land has been leased from Captain Gordon Gilmour of Liberton & Craigmillar. Ground extended from Crawford Road to Lady Road, with the main entrance on Crawford Road, three minutes walk from Craigmillar Pak car terminus and Newington Suburban Station. The course is about a mile in length, was laid out by Mr Day of Musselburgh. Membership of about 150”
Below is a report from the Edinburgh Evening News of the 12th January 1895.
It was announced in October 1895 that a match was to been arranged between Willie Fernie of Troon and hopefully Willie Park, although Park’s involvement was to be confirmed.
Result of a mixed foursome played on Saturday 14th June 1902; Miss A Henderson & M A W Banks, 81 scratch; Miss M H Baxter & P McPhail, 93-12-81; Miss Johnson & J L Hislop, 89-7-82.
In 1903 the Hon Secretary was J Bolam Johnson, 10 North St David Street.
In June 1904 the Craigmillar Ladies visited Murrayfield Ladies.
|Murrayfield Ladies||Craigmillar Ladies|
|Miss J G Broom||1||Miss R Brown||0|
|Miss S Simson||0||Miss Paterson||1|
|Mrs Rainie||0||Miss Nicolson||1|
|Miss M Neill Fraser||0||Miss R Cownie||0|
|Miss H A Chalmers||0||Mrs Robertson||1|
|Miss M K Callender||0||Mrs Kennedy||1|
|Mrs Ronaldsdon||1||Miss Hamilton||0|
|Miss Lewis||0||Miss K Thin||0|
|Mrs McCuiag||1||Mrs McPhail||0|
|Miss E H Kirkwood||0||Miss J B Stewart||1|
|Miss M Watson||1||Miss N Campbell Smith||0|
|Miss Matthew||1||Miss Johnson||0|