Aberdour Golf Club, Fife.
Founded 1896, the course at Couston was formally opened on Saturday 15 th May 1897 when Mrs W M Stewart of St Colme House, hit the opening drive in front of an enthusiastic crowd, she was later presented with the driver, by the vice-captain Mr Rolland, Aberdour House, which was suitably inscribed to commemorate the occasion. The club had a membership of 90 which included 20 ladies. The 9-hole course was situated on the Donibristle Estate. It was reported that “the turf was in splendid condition and the course affords scope for real sporting play as well as for long driving”. The Rev W H Gray, captain of the club, welcomed the visitors who included representatives from St Andrews and Edinburgh.
The club moved to its current location in April 1905.