Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas



Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Brucehaven Golf Club, Fife. 

A Whist Drive and Dance was held in conjunction with the Brucehaven Golf Club at the Queen's Hall, Charlestown, in December 1923. The funds raised were to be used for the improvement of the greens.

The annual general meeting was held in the Limekilns Public School in February 1924, James Morton in the chair. The following officials were elected; Hon. president, Colonel the Hon. D Bruce; president, James Morton; vice-president, Mrs A Robertson; captain, J Kean; secretary, F W Robertson; treasurer, A A Robertson; auditor, Miss M Barnes; committee - Messrs. Wilson, Crawford, Barnes, and Misses Mitchell, Mercer and Hamilton.  

Result of the Thomson Cup (for juniors) played in August 1929; Charles Henry Robertson defeated John Cant by 5 and 4 in the final.

The following players represented Brucehaven at the Fife Golf Championship in June 1930; J Fraser, A Hamilton, J McBeath and G Terris. In July 1930 John Spence holed in one at the fourth hole, this was the first hole in one on the course for three years.

The annual competition for Fife clubs with nine hole courses was held at Dodheaad in September 1930, Brucehaven players; G Terris, J McBeath, H May and J B Hamilton.

The following report appeared in the Dundee Courier on Thursday 23rd April 1931:- 

In the surrounding districts the club which calls for first mention is Brucehaven, which serves the villages of Limekilns and Charlestown. The changes here are outstanding. The course has been extended from nine to eighteen holes.

The club has a membership of about 100, and their enthusiasm for the game has been responsible for this extensive scheme being carried through this winter.

For their added pleasure the members are not being called upon to pay heavy fees. There is only a difference of 5/- , the ladies’ being increased from 10/- to 15/- and the gentlemen’s from 15/- to £1.

Fife County Championship played at Kinghorn and Kircaldy in May 1936. Brucehaven team; Hugh White, C H Robertson, John Cant and William Strang.

Fife County Championship played over the Eden and New courses St Andrews in April 1939. Brucehaven team; C H Robertson, Mr Gray, John Cant and T Russell. 

The Google map below pinpoints the possible area of the course. 

 


View United Kingdom in a larger map