Ferryhills Golf Club, North Queensferry, Fife.
Ferryhills Golf Club appeared in the 1920s/30s/40s and was one of the former sites used by the Dunfermline Golf Club.
It was reported in April 1931 that the former course of the Dunfermline Golf Club, had been immensely improved by the Ferryhills club, which was formed about two years ago. Holes had been lengthened, there were now two over 500 yards, new holes had been put in place, the thirteenth hole at the quarry side, had been abandoned, and more bunkers had been added to the course - it was stated that "the members had made a wonderful job". The membership of 400 was drawn mainly from Queensferry and Edinburgh.
Three new trophies had been presented to the club. Cups had been given by the North Queensferry and Inverkeithing members for spring and autumn competitions, and a shield for a bogey competition had been presented by John Millar, a member of the council.
In 1932/3 the secretary was T B Crookes and the professional/green-keeper J McNocher.
The secretary at the Ferryhills Golf Club in 1935 was T B Crookes, 6 Dalkeith Street, Joppa, Edinburgh. The professional and greenkeeper was J McNocher and in 1940 P Ogg. An 18 hole course with a SSS of 71 and membership of 350. Visitors’ fees were 2/6d a day; this did not include use of the clubhouse. Sunday play was allowed. The railway station at North Queensferry was ¼ mile away. Local hotel was the Albert.
Fife County Championship played over the Eden and New courses St Andrews in April 1939. Queensferry team; W Anderson, A Rutherford, Peter Ogg and A Aitkenhead.
The Ferryhills golf course can be seen on the Britain From Above link below.