Broxburn Golf Club, West Lothian.
A 9 hole course situated near a Roman Camp Site. The station at Drumshoreland was 200 yards away. Local hotel was the Buchan Arms. Sunday play was not allowed.
|1906||Geo F McKillop, Park Lawn, Broxburn.|
|1905-1911||J Miller (p)|
|1911-1914||J G Glass, Medical Hall, Broxburn||H Spence (p)|
|1920-30s||J K Corstorphine, Albyn Cottages, Broxburn|
|1936-48||J H Backhouse, 29 Station Rd, Broxburn||J Gilroy (g)|
In 1906 the amateur course record was held by John H Dargo with a score of 38. Visitors’ fees were 6d a day, 2/6d a week and 5/- a month.
In 1914 the membership was 100. Entry fees were 2/6d. Subs for gents were 10/6d and ladies 5/-. Visitors’ fees were 6d, (free with member). No refreshments were available at the club.
During the 1920s to the mid 1930s visitors’ fees were 1/- a day, 3/- a week and 6/- a month.
Broxburn Golf Club held their annual open meeting on the Drumshoreland course on Saturday 21st May 1932. About 40 golfers competed for the silver rose bowl, leading scores; J Wilson (Wincburgh), 84-18-66; R Sinclair (Winchburgh), 90-18-72; N Gilchrist (Uphall), 83-8-75; F Hurston (Uphall), 89-9-80. The winner and runner-up both played at Winchburgh, this course is now defunct.
From 1936 to the final year in 1948, the 9 holes had a SSS of 70 and Par of 72, and a membership of 75. The amateur course record was held by R B Waddell with a score of 68. Visitors’ fees were 1/- a day, 2/6d a week and 10/- a month.