Fauldhouse Golf Club, Falla Hill, West Lothian.
Originally a 6-hole course, Fauldhouse was extended to 9-holes prior to WW1. In 1940 the 9-hole course had a SSS of 70. Visitors' fees were just 6d a day, 1/- a week and 2/- a month in the early 1900s rising to 1/-, 3/- and 10/- respectively following WW1. In 1914 there was a membership of 85 (peaking at 120 in the mid 1930s). There was no entry fee. Subs were gents 10/- and ladies 3/-. Sunday play was not allowed. In the early 1900s there were stations at Fauldhouse (CR) and Crofthead (NBR) each a 5 minute walk. Local hotel was the Caledonian.
In July 1896 J Brownlie (8) won the lamp presented by Messrs. Rowat & Sons, beating J Henderson (8) in the final.
The following is taken from the 1905 Nisbet's Golf Yearbook; Secretary - W Maxwell; Captain - P McLeod; Entrance Fee nil and Subs 10s/6d; 6-holes; Amateur Record - Dr J Hunter, 27. The course has natural hazards affording good sport, about a mile in extent.
|1902||William Wood, Daybridge, Fauldhouse.|
|1906||W H Maxwell, National Bank House, Fauldhouse.|
|1914||John D Milligan, Blackfaulds.|
|1920s/30s||W W Tully, Flowerhill, Fauldhouse (in the later years Mossview, Fauldhouse).|
|1935||T Chalmers, Mossview.|
|1940/50s||E Miller, MA|
|Amateur course record||Greenkeeper|
|1902||Alex Chalmers 27 (6 hole course)|
|1906||Dr J Hunter 26 (6 hole course)|
|1920s/30s||? Howieson and A Greenhorn.|
Fauldhouse Golf Club, Linlithgowshire disappeared in the early 1950s. Greenburn is the current club and first appeared in 1953.