Winchburgh Golf Club, West Lothian.
First appeared in about 1907.
The original club in Winchburgh was at Faucheldean and continued to the outbreak of WW1. In the mid 1920s a 9-hole course was developed on the same site and this continued until 1961 when it closed and reverted to farmland.
In 1926 an advert appeared in the Edinburgh Evening News for Winchburgh Golf Club. It was listed as a nine-hole course and there were a “few vacancies” for membership. Gent’s entrance fee was 5/- and subscriptions 15/- Ladies, 2/6 and 10/- visitors paid 1/- a day.
Broxburn Golf Club held their annual open meeting on the Drumshoreland course on Saturday 21st May 1932. About 40 golfers competed for the silver rose bowl. The winner was J Wilson (Wincburgh), 84-18-66; runner-up, R Sinclair (Winchburgh), 90-18-72.