Muirkirk Golf Club, East Ayrshire.
The club appears to have been first formed in March/April 1910 and ground was secured on the estate of Auldhouseburn near the village. A pavilion style clubhouse was added in May 1911. Troon professional Duncan McCulloch played an exibition match over the course in May 1928 along with two times Open Champion Walter Hagen from the USA.
In April 1914 John Rodger jun., qualified for the final of the President's Prize.
The first mixed foursome match of the season took place in May 1914 with a match between teams representing the president and the vice-president. Tea was later taken in the pavilion through the kindness of Mr Young, the president.
In June 1914 Dr Carruthers gave the prizes in the mixed foursome competition. The winners were James Phillips and Miss Elizabeth Nicol.
Along with many clubs Muirkirk struggled during WW2 but managed to survive. Unfortunately things were about to take a turn for the worse, the new tenant of the farm on which the course was laid out became increasingly anti golf, he wanted to use the land for cattle grazing and ploughing, and by 1957 the club lost their course altogether and went into abeyance for a number of years.
In 1972 the club was reformed and eventually ground was secured for their present course at Cairn View although the course was not actually completed and opened until 1991. (Thanks to Alasdair Malcolm for his help with Muirkirk)
Below is the card of the Auldhousebarn course.