Dalry (St John's Town) Golf Club, Dumfries & Galloway.
A 9 hole course on high ground with short holes, greens well guarded by burns, dykes, hedges, the longest hole was 300yds. There were stations at New Galloway 8 miles and Parton 9 miles. Correctly known as St John’s Town in Dalry, but most often shortened to Dalry, causing confusion with Dalry in North Ayrshire.
In 1914 the secretary was the Reverend N Buchanan. There was a membership of 30. The entry fee was 5/-. Visitors’ fees 6d a day, 2/6d a week, 5/- a month or season, no Sunday play.
In 1922 the Secretary was Alex Milroy, telephone number 6. The greenkeeper was W A Blain. Visitors fees were 1/- a day, 4/- a week and 10/- a season, Sunday play was not allowed.
From the mid 1920s to club’s disappearance in the late 1930s the secretary was R Cumming, Post Office, Dalry, telephone 1. During the 1920s the professional was W W Anderson and the greenkeeper J W Thompson ( A B Hunter from about 1930). 9 holes the course record was held by W W Anderson 34. Fees as 1922.