Kippford Golf Club, Dumfries & Galloway.
Founded in 1905, when the secretary was Robert Gibson of The Anchorage, Kippford, Dalbeattie. By 1914 Mr Gibson was the proprietor at The Pines Private Hotel as well as being the secretary at the Golf Club. In 1923 Mrs Robert Gibson had taken over as secretary at the club, a post she held until the late 1930s when J D Gibson of the Pines Hotel took over, a position he then held until the early 1950s. In 1956 the secretary was J Murray of The Pines Golf Hotel. A 9 hole course of 2,003yds with a SSS of 35 and good natural greens and fine views. The clubhouse was not licensed and there were no caddies available.The station at Dalbeattie was 4 ¼ miles away; the return bus fare from the station cost 6d in the early years rising to 1/- by the 1920s.
In 1906 visitors’ fees were 1/- a day, 2/6d a week, 5/- a month and 7/6d for 6 months.
Result of a competition for a gold medal played on Saturday 24th August 1907; John Ritchie, 90-19-71; Dr Glover, 90-17-73; John Buchanan, 96-20-76.
In 1913/4 entry fees were £1/1/0 and subs £1/1/0. Visitors’ fees were now 1/- half day, 2/- a day, gents 7/6d a week, ladies 6/6d. Visitors to the Pines Hotel played free. Sunday play was not allowed.
In 1923 there were special monthly terms available to visitors staying in Kippford, Roughfirth and Rockcliffe villages.
|1906||W Blair 38||W Hastings (p)|
|1911/14||Alex Lawson (p)|
|1915/17||J Hastings (p)|
|1919/21||R Fletcher (p)|
|1923||A McKinley (p)|
|1926/50s||N McKinley (p&g)|
|1956||F Park (g)|
Kippford Golf Club had disappeared by 1960.