Moniaive Golf Club, Dumfries & Galloway.
Moniaive could have had two locations: an earlier one near Caitloch and a later course located close to the west of Crichen. This was a 9 hole inland hilly course of 2,329yds and a Par of 36. No caddies. The clubhouse was half mile from town; it was not licensed and there was no catering. Membership was 50 in the early years, increasing to 80 by closure. The entry fee just before WW1 was £1 and subs £1. Visitors’ fees were 1/- a day, 3/- a week and 5/- a month. There was no Sunday play and the station was ¼ mile away.
In 1940 visitors’ fees were 1/- a day, 4/- a week, 10/- month.
|1914/27||David Carson, Solicitor, Chapel St, Moniaive.||J Seaton (g)|
|1928/40||R Orr, Union Bank of Scotland, Moniaive.|
|1928/30||G Glencross (g)|
|1930/40||W McVittie (g)|
Play was suspended for WW2 and the club did not appear after the war.