Bad Eilsen, Golf Club.
In 1928 John S.F. Morrison designed a 9-hole golf course on the meadows adjacent to Bückeburg castle. The course was run by Bad Eilsen spa authorities and was about 50 km west of Hanover. The official opening of the course took place on May 15th 1929.
The club always suffered from a severe lack of resident members and was dissolved in April 1942, it never reopened. Following WW2 the RAF Golf Course was opened at Bad Eilsen a few kilometres away on a different site (see separate entry).
The former clubhouse called the “Golfhaus” is all that remains today from Bad Eilsen Golf Club.