Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas



Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Torino Golf Club.

This section covers the three locations of the club prior to the move to its current location at La Mandria.

The Circolo Golf Torino was founded in 1920 on the initiative of eleven people. The first, very rudimentary golf course, had been set up in the lower Canavese, near St. Maurizio. It was a moorland course which was also used for military exercises.
In 1924 the "Circolo Golf Torino" moved to the Mirafiori horseracing course where a nine-hole course was laid out, it measured over 2.655m for the gentlemen. In 1927 the Circolo Golf Torino was one of the 5 founder members of the Italian Golf Federation.

 

Torino Golf Club, Italy. Putting on the Mirafiori course.

Putting on the Mirafiori course.

 

Torino Golf Club, Italy. View of the earlier course.

The Mirafiori course.

 

Torino Golf Club, Italy. Course layout at Mirafiori.

Course layout at Mirafiori.

 

The Google Map below shows the race track course.

 


View Italy in a larger map

 

During Sundays and on racing days the golf course was usually closed and therefore it was decided in 1950 to move to a new site at Colle della Maddalena (below).

In 1950 the Circolo Golf di Torino opened a new 9-hole course at Colle (Bric) della Maddalena, the highest elevation of the Po mountains at 715m. It was still in the city boundaries of Turin, just south east of the city center. The course was only very short lived as in 1956 the Circolo Golf di Torino moved to a new and current site of the club at La Mandria, where John S.F. Morrison designed an 18-hole course.

 

Torino Golf Club, Italy. The La Maddalena course.

Layout of the La Maddalena course.

 

The Google Map below pinpoints the location of the La Maddalena course. 

 


View Italy in a larger map