Arcachon Golf Club, Gironde (33).
The town had wanted to build a golf course as early as 1894, but couldn't find appropriate land. In 1895, a private golf course was constructed, belonging to the Exshaw family. The course was located at the entrance to Arcachon, known today as Arcachon-Marine, and the Jean Brousse and Mateo-Prince stadium, in the Aiguillon district. In February 1902, the course was acquired by the town from Mr Exshaw, paid for by way of a donation to the town by M Matéo-Petit.
In 1925, the club wanted to expand to 18 holes but lack of interest and lack of maintenance led to its closure in 1937/8.
Construction of a new course and clubhouse began in 1955, but was not finally opened to the public until 1960. The new course is located on the grounds of the Société Immobilières de la Cote d'Argent, in the borough of La Teste de Buch.