Les Rasses Golf Club.
The Golfing Annual 1903-04 lists a 10-hole golf course belonging to the Grand Hotel in Les Rasses, Ste-Croix. The course most probably opened around 1905, if the date given in the French Guide Plumon is correct. The Golfers Handbook 1906 confirms the existence of a Ste-Croix G.C. The club joined the Swiss Golf Association in 1908, but it remains unclear whether any golf was played before 1916, when Edouard Baierle, the owner of the Grand Hotel, started paying an annual rent of 20 francs to the municipality.
It was thought that golf had finished at Les Rasses by the time of WW2. It can be seen from the above certificate that the club/course was probably still active until at least the late 1950s. The certificate was issued in 1957, it also states that the private share company was set up in 1929. Image provided by Christoph Meister.
The Google Map below pinpoints the location of the former course.