Maloja Golf Club.
A golf course was built in Maloja in 1897 and laid out between Hotel Maloja Palace and the Maloja pass. The course had 9-holes with a par of 34.
On August 31st 1900, “le Golf” states that the golf course was laid out by John Morris, the professional from Hoylake. George Dunn, who in winter worked at Biarritz, was the professional at Maloja.
Between 1925 and 1927 the course was extended to 18-holes, then again reduced to 9 holes in 1931.
The club does appear in the 1947 Golfer’s Handbook when the secretary was R Frick. The professional was A Gow and the green-keeper B Marinoni. Visitors’ fees were 5 francs a day, 20 francs a week and 100 francs for the season.
Although it’s recorded in 1947 (above) general opinion is that the course had disappeared between 1939 and 1945.
The Google Map below pinpoints Maloja Palace (see above course planner).