Abergele & Pensarn, Conwy.
The club was founded in 1910 with a nine-hole course on the Dundonald Estate.
A clubhouse was erected in 1912 subs at this time were one guinea for men and half a guinea for ladies.
Sunday play was permitted following WW1. It was the mid 1930s before a bar was added to the clubhouse.
During WW2 parts of the course were requisitioned by the ministry for the war effort.
Following WW2 the secretary was H Edwards, Clubhouse, Sea Road, Abergele. Membership at this time was 225. The professional was W Davies and the green-keeper W Price. The nine-hole course had a SSS of 68 and Par of 70. The professional course record was held by S Collins with a score of 66. Visitors’ fees were 3/6 a day; 15/6 a week and £1/7s/6d a fortnight. The clubhouse was extended to include locker rooms, professional shop and a much used billiard room.
In the mid 1950s the secretary was still H Edwards the professional and green-keeper was R Hughes.
In the early 1960s the secretary was T Williams, Stonelea, Abergele. The professional and green-keeper was J Richmond. Course records were; amateur, J W Parry, 68; professional, S Collins, 66. The course SSS was now 69. There was a membership of 300. Visitors’ fees were; 3/6 a day, 5/- at weekend and 25/- a week.
In the mid 1960s the secretary was T H Rees, Fairways, Derrie Avenue, Abergele.The professional and green-keeper. Visitors’ fees were; 5/- a day, 7/6 at weekend, 21/- a week and 35/- a fortnight.
In 1966 the possibility of a new course arose. Land was purchased at Gwrych Park and the new course was opened in May 1969.