Cinderford Golf Club, Gloucestershire. (1931 - 1960s)

First appeared in 1931 and continued until the early 1960s. Throughout this time the secretary was R O James, High Street, Cinderford, telephone 14. The professional and green-keeper was R Knight. A 9-hole course. Visitors’ fees were 1/6 a round, 2/- a day, 7/6 a week and 15/- a month. Sunday play was allowed without caddies. The railway station at Cinderford was 1 ½ miles away.

The first annual dance and presentation held in November 1932.

 

Cinderford Golf Club, Gloucestershire. The annual dance and presentation November 1932.

From the Gloucester Journal Saturday 12th November 1932. Image © Trinity Mirror. Image created courtesy of THE BRITISH LIBRARY BOARD.

 

Cinderford Golf Club, Gloucestershire. Course location.

Location of the Cinderford course.