Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas


Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Quennevais Golf Club, Jersey. (1894 - WW1)

Founded in 1894.

In 1914 the secretary was G L LeCronier, Villa Waldegrave, Beaumont, telephone St Aubins 12. The professional was B A Neil (1911 to 1916).

An 18-hole course with excellent greens and a membership of 140. Entry fee for gents was £1 and ladies 10/-. Subs for gents £1/10/0, ladies £1/5/0. Visitors fees were 2/- a day, 6/- a weekand 17/6 a month. Ladies 1/- a day, 5/- a week 15/- a month. Sunday play was not allowed. The railway station at Don Bridge was one minute from the clubhouse.

Below is the result of match played on the Royal Jersey course in January 1909.

 

Quennevais Golf Club, Jersey. Result of a match played at Royal Jersey Golf Club January 1909.

From the Jersey Independent & Daily Telegraph Saturday 16th January 1909. Image © THE BRITISH LIBRARY BOARD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Quennevais Golf Club disappeared after WW1.

The Google Map below shows the approximate location of Don Bridge station which was a one minute walk from the golf course.