Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas


Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Gleneagles Hotel, Auchterarder, Prince’s and Glendevon Courses. (1928 – 1990s)

The King's and Queen's course were created between the years of 1918 and 1924.

In the summer of 1928 a third course of nine-holes was laid out. This was known as “The Wee Course” and was designed by the head green-keeper, George Alexander. The Wee Course was lengthened to the full eighteen holes in 1974 and renamed Prince's.

A fourth course, Glendevon, was opened in 1980.

In the early 1990s Jack Nicklaus created the Monarch's Course and this was laid out over the eighteen holes of the former Glendevon Course and some of the holes of the Prince's Course. The remaining holes of the Prince's Course were incorporated into a new nine-hole “Wee Course”, designed by the Gleneagles green-keepers (Wee Course of the 1920s revived).

The the work carried out by Jack Nicklaus in the early 1990s led to the loss of both the Prince’s and Glendevon courses.

 

Gleneagles Hotel, Auchrerader, Prince's Course. Pin flag for the defunct Prince's Course.

 

Gleneagles Hotel, Auchrerader, Prince's Course. Tee marker for the 18th hole on the defunct Prince's Course.

Above images courtesy of Gary Dempster.

 

Gleneagles Hotel, Auchrerader, Prince's Course. Scorecard and hole profiles for the defunct Prince's Course.

Scorecard and hole profiles Prince’s Course.

 

Gleneagles Hotel, Auchrerader, Glendevon Course. Scorecard and hole profiles fro the defunct Glendevon Course.

Scorecard and hole profiles Glendevon Course.