Open Search -

Like us on Facebook

Course Atlas -

Course Atlas

Please consider supporting our efforts.


Campbeltown Municipal Golf Club, Hillside Farm, Kintyre, Argyll. (1920s - WW2)

First appeared in the early 1920s when the secretary was A MacEachran, Chemist, Campbeltown. The greenkeeper was D McPhee. A 9 hole course. Visitors’ fees were 4d a round, 1/- a day, 3/- a week and 6/- a month.

In 1930 the secretary was The Town Clerk, Campbletown and the greenkeeper was J McKay.

From the mid 1930s to the club’s closure the secretary was A B Muirhead, Cross Street, Cambeltown. A 9 hole course with a membership of 44. The amateur course record held by J Maclean, 69. The station at Cambelltown was ½ mile away. Visitors’ fees as 1922.

Campbeltown Municipal Golf Club, Kintyre. Location of the course at Hillside Farm.

Location of the Campbeltown Municipal Golf Club course.

Grid reference NR70970 21295, co-ordinates 170970 621295.



In the club’s final year in 1940, it was listed as Hillside Municipal Golf Club, Campbeltown.