Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas



Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Gigha Golf Course, Isle of Gigha, Argyll. (1890s - 1925)

The Gigha Golf Course website mentions a course that was in existence between the late 1890s and 1925 and was located at Leim. 

Below is a report on the “Island for Sale” and evidence of the eighteen-hole golf course in 1910.

 

Gigha Golf Couse, Isle of Gigha, Argyll. Report on the Island for sale including the golf course.

From The Scotsman Saturday 30th July 1910. Image © Johnston Press plc.

 

In 1986, after a gap of 60 years, a nine-hole course was laid out by local golfers Alastair Brown and green-keeper John Wright. This course was located at Tarbert Farm. 

In 1988 a move was made to the current location at Drumeonbeg Farm, Alistair and John again laying out the nine-hole course.   

The Google Map below shows the area around Leim, location of the first golf course.