Le Golf de Marly, Le Pecq (78), Paris. (1920s - 1960)

Le Golf de l’Ermitage, Le Pecq had closed prior to WW1.

Following the Great War there remained an interest in the game in the area. In the 1920s a project to establish a new club was put in place. In 1925, thanks to Le Duc de Guiche who then owned the land, the Golfer’s Club was able to design an 18-hole course measuring 5,380 yards named Le Golf de Marly, Le Pecq. Jean Alsurguren was the first teacher there; later, in 1937, the professional was Paul Hausseguy.

The club closed in 1960 to make way for the newly constructed motorway. Following the closure the wooden clubhouse was moved from Le Pecq, a few miles, to the Golf de Saint-Germain-en-Laye, where it can still be seen.