Axenstein (Brunnen) Golf Club. (1925 - WW2)

The Golf Club joined the Swiss Golf Association in 1925.

Mr. Hürbin, the landlord who also owned the nearby hotel, was the initiator. “Le Golf” reported that unfortunately Mr. Hürbin does not know much about the game. The course was initially registered as an 18-hole course but then reduced to 11-holes after some guests had complained. French Golf architect Noskowski once stated that the land was only large enough for 5 holes, but not 11.

The course was always in rough state and excluded from the Swiss Golf Association in 1932.


Axenstein (Brunnen) Golf Club Clubhouse.

The Axenstein clubhouse.


With the outbreak of WWII the course was closed down.